Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Letter to our Baby Girl

Dear Baby Girl (We are still picking out the perfect name for you),

It is Christmas morning 2013, the house is quiet, everyone else is asleep and I am sitting by the light of the Christmas tree thinking about you.  If all goes according to my plans and hopes for you, I will be holding you in my arms in 2-3 days.  I am so excited to meet you!  Your Dad and I have anticipated your arrival since the moment we found out I was pregnant.  You have three sisters who are beyond excited for their new baby sister to be born.  Little one, you are well loved!

I cannot wait to see what you look like.  God has knit you together for these past 9 months, planning every hair on your head, the color of your eyes, and the shape of your nose.  You are beautiful!   I am so excited to see the personality God has chosen for you, and to watch your strengths and gifts develop.  I can't wait to see what plans God has for your life.  Baby girl you are not even born yet, but God has big plans for your life.  He loves you beyond measure!

Very soon I will get to hold you in my arms.  I will sit up at night nursing you and praying for you.  I will cherish each moment we have together.  Your sisters will love on you with lots and lots of hugs and kisses.  They will be waiting anxiously to share with you their favorite toys and dolls and teach you all of their favorite things.  You will be Daddy's little girl.  You have the best daddy!  He will shower you with love, affection and lots of playtime and attention!  You are loved!

Your Dad and I love you unconditionally.  You do not have to earn it, it is already done, we have fallen in love with you forever and always.  Even when you feel that you are less than perfect, you can know without a doubt that you are loved. 

We pray for you already and will continue to do so every day of your life.  Our prayer is that you would grow up safe and secure in the fact that you are loved by us and by your heavenly Father.  We pray that you would develop the characteristics that God have given uniquely to you and that you would use those traits to honor and serve the Lord.  We pray that you would be characterized by loving others and loving God. 

We love you baby girl.  We cannot wait to meet you!

Love always and forever,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment