Monday, January 14, 2013

Upward Basketball

Madison had her very first basketball game on Saturday.   We had to get up early to be to the game by 8:30am, it was a glimpse of what I am sure are many years of Saturday games to come.  I wasn't sure if Madison would even like basketball.  6 months ago she was adamantly against playing, her reasoning was that the uniforms aren't cute.  She finally decided to give it a try and she loves it.  In her league they don't keep score until 3rd grade (though all of the parents secretly do) and she was disappointed to find out there was no winner or loser, but she still loved it.  She actually played really well.  Watching kindergartners play basketball is ridiculously cute!   Madison was confident, and seemed to know what was going on, as much as a five year old can.  At one point she was so close to making a basket, it was honestly in and out.  I've never wanted a ball to go through the net more than I did for my little girl.  I love that she is loving the sport that was near and dear to my heart when I was growing up.     






I signed up to bring snacks for the first game.  Thanks to pinterest I was able to make these.  They were a hit with all of the little basketball stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment